Daniel Chust Peters IN RESiDENCE at the School Bernat Metgehttp://dchpairforceone.blogspot.com.es/2009/11/projecte-air-force-one.html
Daniel Chust Peters (São Paulo 1965, Brazil) lives and works in Barcelona. Daniel Chust Peters describes his own work as follows:
“As an artistic practice, I have been applying the same working method for twenty years:
1. I have an idea: I reproduce my workshop
2. I have no idea: I reproduce my workshop
3. I have another idea: I reproduce my workshop
- Having ideas gets limited into one single idea.
- I aim at keeping one single idea throughout time.
- This single idea consists of reproducing my space of artistic creation.
- I reproduce an existing space so I do not idealize a new space.
- I reproduce my workshop, which is the most specific and closest space where I dwell for about 6-8 hours every day. I call it workshop because I use it as such. I reproduce the artist’s workshop for its meaning throughout the history of art.
- I am always recreating the same idea out of habit and my own free will. It is not an obsession or a resistance. It is an artistic interpretation of the duality of keeping a constant and facing many external variables.
- Every reproduction of my workshop draws up complicity between myself and other abstract organisms, like public and private institutions.
- The variations between reproductions are due to the relationships conditioning the physical structure and contents of my work of art.”
Recently, his works have been included in the following exhibitions, among others:
Autres mesures, Centre Photographique d’Ile-de-France, Paris (2009);
6th art biennial Leandre Cristòfol, Centre d’Art la Panera, Lleida (2008);
Micro-narratives, The 25th May Museum, Belgrad, Serbia (2007);
Passer-by, Artist’s Studio Gallery, Tel-Aviv, Israel (2007);
Zones de productivités concertées, Musée d’Art Contemprain du Val-de Marne (MAC/VAL),
Vitry-sur-Seine, France (2007);
Aire comprimido, Casa América, Madrid (2006);
Air show, Centre d'Art Santa Mònica, Barcelona (2005),
International biennale of contemporary art of the National Gallery in Prague (2005);
Settlements, Musée d’Art Moderne, Saint-Etiene, France (2004);
Looking further-thinking through, Reykjvik Art Museum-Hasnarhus, Iceland (2004).
Biography written in 2009
School Bernat Metgehttp://institutbernatmetge.cat/
The group directly participating in this experience is 3B of junior high-school, including 30 students aged 14 and 15 years old. Teachers involved in this project are music, Catalan language and English language teachers, besides the teachers in charge of visual and plastic arts.
Daniel Chust Peters usually works in this high school with students on Tuesday morning for about two or four consecutive hours, as all subjects of involved teachers run together on this day.The high school Bernat Metge faces this challenge convinced that it will be very enriching not only for the participating students, but also for the involved teachers and for the general development of the school.
The Institut Bernat Metge has been open since 1972, offering compulsory (ESO) and sixth-form (batxillerat) secondary school education. A series of improvements have been carried out to the school as part of the Neighbourhood Plan, including an educational and social intervention, with the participation of the educational community and social, economic and local neighbourhood stakeholders.
Students (3rd ESO):
Inmaculada Almagro, Albert Álvarez, Sergio Álvarez, Bryan Anchundia, Gabriel Ayala, Iván Cano, Arnau Clemente, Daniela Cruz, Eric Cugat, Anna Escribano, Laura García, Marc Gómez, Raúl González, Mònica Gutiérrez, Eduard Herrero, Lídia Jiménez, Sara Lahuerta, Dallyn Lazo, Marina Lorente, Carlota Maldonado, Adrián Martín, Sílvia Martín, Jorge Montero, Pablo Pereira, Marcos Pérez, Adrià Porcel, Aarón Rando, Tamara Ruiz, Joaquín Sarabia, Aldrin Toro and Sylwia Zawadzka.
Ramon Ballesté with the collaboration of Mariona Casajuana, Francesc Llinares, Santiago Marchese and Celia Umansky.
Curation and coordination:
A Bao A Qu Association
Culture Institute of Barcelona
Barcelona Education Consortium